Under the moonlight

This is not going to be a romantic post despite the title. But there is romance involved. For others in the story. According to their interpretation of it at least.



It was a bitterly cold winter night at 11 pm and I was cycling back home. I had gloves and a hat on me but the cold was till biting me in the face. Sitting on my well-oiled bicycle, I was gliding smoothly down a path with a wide grass verge on either side. It was very dark as this path was not lit and the only light came from the stars and the full moon. There was just enough light for me to see a few meters ahead. I didn’t have any lights on my bicycle so I was cycling slowly.



It was very quiet at this time and out-of-the-way place and even a little scary because of the darkness and bushes and trees further away where anyone could be lurking in the shadows. In front of me and to the right of the path, I saw movement in the grass. There are often foxes coming out at night so I thought it was one of them. It was too low on the ground to be someone so I wasn’t scared.



Then in the full moonlight I saw a pale face, just like the full moon, looking back at me. I never stopped cycling although I had slowed down in case I hit any fox I thought was responsible for this movement. As I approached even further on my bike, the pale face under the moonlight took the appearance of a white smooth bum attached to a body. That body was that of a young man or boy partially undressed under whom was lying another body well alive! It seems despite my silent approach, I had disturb some activity in the grass.



I carried on cycling at the same relaxed speed and didn’t look back. They must be desperate I thought, as the cold spread over me even more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment